CPU Z Question

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
OK I have never OC'd my computer before and have never used CPU Z before but have seen a lot of screenshots of it...

So here is my question I downloaded it and was going to give OCing a shot but when I run CPU Z it is saying in the specifications that AMD processor is Unknown and in the Core speed it is saying 800 MHz... but it jumps around the multiplier from 4 to 8 to 10 and is going from sometimes 800 MHz to 1600 MHZ or 2000 MHz... Is there a reason for this and why is it not recognizing my processor model at all...Its weird because it has the AMD Phenom II symbol in the top right of the CPU window....

My board came with an OCing software called T-Utility overclock III but I haven't used it yet...

I have an AMD Phenom II 920 and Biostar 790G board

CPU-Z probably just hasn't been updated yet to recognize the Phenom II's, they're pretty recent. You'll have to wait for an update.

How's the Phenom going by the way?

CPU-Z probably just hasn't been updated yet to recognize the Phenom II's, they're pretty recent. You'll have to wait for an update.

Im looking at other peoples right now that show the same processor that I have...Also is it normal form my multiplier to be jumping around like that?? The software that came with my MoBo is showing it at 2.803 MHz

Like I said I'm not familiar with CPU Z at all so I was just wondering about the MHz being only 800 and my multiplier 4x and FSB 200

There is some screen shots of CPUZ in this thread with the same processor I have and it shows up

I was just reading online and the version I have was updated in order to show Phenom II (version 1.49) Also here is a screen shot of CPU Z on my computer...
CpuZ.jpg

And here is the Tseries Overclock III screenshot
OverClockIII.jpg

It's called Cool'n'Quiet. The CPU will downclock and reduce the core voltage whilst idling to reduce power consumption and heat.

It's called Cool'n'Quiet. The CPU will downclock and reduce the core voltage whilst idling to reduce power consumption and heat.

Yeah I found it all I had to do was go into control panel, power options, and put it on high performance....LOL I am a dope....Hehe I found it because of speedstep on intels and I looked it up and found out that AMD had something similar which as you said is called Cool'n'Quiet. Thank you for the help Worship +1

How's the Phenom going by the way?

I Love this Phenom II I got it up to 3.55 GHz with the stock cooler.... with Idle temps at 32 c.... I bet with some fine tuning and an aftermarket cooler I could hit close to 4.0 if not 4.0....

The only wierd thing is windows doesn't even recognize the model of this CPU either in the system window....Im really not worried about it I just think its kinda weird that core temps recognizes it but nothing else has so far.....I guess its just because the updates haven't fixed it yet or something...

Hmm, why not leave Cool'n'Quiet on? You aren't really getting any negative effects from it. Less heat and power consumption is a good thing.

When your computer isn't at load, theres no real point of having it run at 3 some odd Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom