CPU Overuse - Why ?

Michael Davies

Beta member
Help, my computer is running very slowly.
In 'task manager' the CPU processes shows 100% usage with only desk top and task manager open - Why ?
Some of the processes operating are :

webrebates1.exe
winAdsuit.exe
winservsuit.exe - and many more

what are they ? and how do I get rid of them ! any help would be much appreciated.

Webrebates is a b1tch to get rid of, you cant just use the uninstaller b/c the next time u boot up it will be back. Do a google search on "manual removal of webrebates" and you'll get many walkthroughs. It a pretty long process and u have to remove a bunch of stuff from the registry. I had to go through a few walkthroughs before finding one that actually got rid of the program. But eventually it worked. 2 weeks later i reinstalled the operating system so i know now that its gone for sure...LOL.
However, back to your question, webrebates is not the program that is causing the cpu overuse. i am not sure what the other 2 on the list are. Google it!

That webrate.exe sound like a similar one I have. Mine is called Save.exe and Weathercast. I disabled it on startup so it never bothers me. Those are usually bundled with software you download off the internet. Terrible.

save.exe is another adware program, i belive it comes with kazaa. Weathercast is detected as spyware but i dont believe it is. I had it once. Stopped using it. Go to theweathernetwork.com and get their tray icon program.

d_source said:
And it never came back?

Once when I installed a program that had it... but not again after that. It only reinstalls itself (after ad-aware scan) if you install a program that has it.

Back
Top Bottom