CPU and MOBO compatibility

kentucky_comp

Beta member
I've been using computers for alot of years. Recently, I've decided to build my first computer. here's my question. I know that a socket 370 CPU will only work in a socket 370 MOBO, ect.
Are there any additional compatibility requirements for a CPU to work with a MOBO? Thanks in advance for the help.

Well there are all sorts of Socket types, depending on the CPU will depend on what mobo will support it, some of the new sockets are 939 which is the AMD Athlon 64 series, which right now would be the best bang for the buck. Just match up the socket typ to the socket type supported by the mobo its easy, look on Newegg and search MOBO and find one that takes a likeing to you, loook at the socket type, and then go to CPU and select the socket type. There you go easy as that. Newegg lists most everything you need to know about it. I built my first about 4 months ago and well i did it of not knowing a darn thing, just putting things together on paper and newegg.com hope i have been some help to you any more questions im sure i could answer or someone else could. Duzz

And no just socket, thats all you need. Most times if the Mobo is a 370 socket board it will support all the cpu from 370 socket. But there are agian AMD and Pentiums out there. All up to your likeing.

Yeah in terms of CPU compatibilty, all you need to know is the socket and you'll be set. But if you ever have questions about RAM and video cards and stuff, since people get really confused with stuff like that on these boards, just ask away.

When you shop for motherboards, the detail specs should tell you what processor is compatible with that particular motherboard and what socket it supports. If you find some parts (motherboard, CPU, etc) that you like, post some links here and we'll take a look for you and tell you if they'll work together.

Its simple if you look threw Newegg, they list all specs for the MOBO but yeah if need help dont be shy......

Back
Top Bottom