CPU fan Problem

browserjoe

In Runtime
Hello, I am building a budget comp for my grandfather and I bought an AMD Athlon 4000+ with a Gigabyte mobo and I am using the stock heatsink. Now, after I press the power button and have everything plugged in, the heatsink goes on for about 10 seconds then stops. I have only left the PC on for about 20 seconds after the fan stops in fear of damaging the cpu from its heat.

I have never built a PC with an AMD processor in it, I was wondering if this has happened to someone else or is this common problem or it does it like this purposly. Thanks!

Edit: I also have tried another well functioning heatsink with this motherboard, so I know that the problem is not the heatsink. It has to be either coming from the motherboard or lack of power from the PSU (which is unlikly because it is a 400watt Rosewill PSU.

Hello, I am building a budget comp for my grandfather and I bought an AMD Athlon 4000+ with a Gigabyte mobo and I am using the stock heatsink. Now, after I press the power button and have everything plugged in, the heatsink goes on for about 10 seconds then stops. I have only left the PC on for about 20 seconds after the fan stops in fear of damaging the cpu from its heat.

I have never built a PC with an AMD processor in it, I was wondering if this has happened to someone else or is this common problem or it does it like this purposly. Thanks!

Edit: I also have tried another well functioning heatsink with this motherboard, so I know that the problem is not the heatsink. It has to be either coming from the motherboard or lack of power from the PSU (which is unlikly because it is a 400watt Rosewill PSU.

Couple of things off the top of my head:
1. Check the fan settings in the BIOS
2. Move the fan power connector to a different connector on the motherboard
3. Ensure that your PSU has enough wattage to keep it going (switch PSUs with one you know works to see).

Back
Top Bottom