cpu at 75C i need help plz

sleepyxchink

Solid State Member
when i turned on my computer, i turned on mbm5 and it stated the cpu was at 25C and case was at 44C, in a second it changed to cpu 75C and case 74C, wtf, why is it so freaking high, also my computer has auto shutdowned like 5 times before, my friend told me that the cpu temp was too high, and it is, what should i do, i need a solution badly

Try taking out your heatsink and fan, then proceed to clean it thoroughly in between the fins. Then wipe both the processor and heatsink clear of any residue, after that apply new thermal paste between the processor and heatsink.

NOTE:make sure to turn off power supply or disconnect power cord before touching anything.
Also, while working inside your computer remember to ground yourself by touching the outside of your chasis(the frame).

good luck!

logic said:
when i turned on my computer, i turned on mbm5 and it stated the cpu was at 25C and case was at 44C, in a second it changed to cpu 75C and case 74C, wtf, why is it so freaking high, also my computer has auto shutdowned like 5 times before, my friend told me that the cpu temp was too high, and it is, what should i do, i need a solution badly
This needs a few more points.Was this the first time you ever turned on this computer ?
Do all the fans work ?
30 to 35 C is ok.
Start by takeing off the sides.Get a small fan blowing into the case.

omfg, check this out, i turned on my computer today, i turned on aida32 and mbm5 and the temps read at 25C and around, in a few second, they changed to like 73C on aida32 and 75C on mbm5, this is getting me pissed off so much, the fins aren't even hot, how can my cpu be frying up so bad

bluto said:
This needs a few more points.Was this the first time you ever turned on this computer ?
Do all the fans work ?
30 to 35 C is ok.
Start by takeing off the sides.Get a small fan blowing into the case.
You asked,i replied,you didn't,See ya.
:eek:

I think either there is a fault in your processor temperture reading or the cooling system ain't working . What processor have you got.

Back
Top Bottom