Which CPU?

marcmarteleira

In Runtime
Well my computer has experienced some problems with my motherboard and a new one I bought, so I took it to my Uncle, like I used to when I had no clue on how to fix Computers, and he checked it out and asked me why I was updating the mobo if I'm not updating my CPU either, I told him because the new motherboard has support for more ram, more usb slots and AGP 8x instead of AGP 4x my current one has, he told me he has another 2.8 Ghz Celeron, thing is I have a 2.4 ghz Celeron D and I have a bad memory with all Celeron chips but he claims that a 2.8 Celeron is more powerful then a 2.8 Ghz Celeron D, I know Celerons in general suck, but he offered to put it in anyway and I wanted your opinion.

Specs:
nVidia GeForce FX5500
512 MB PC3200 Ram
80 GB HDD
Celeron D 2.4 ghz

Depends what you want to use it for realy, yes celerons suck lol but it is fine depending on what you want it for like games etc?

Yes, Celerons do suck, but you're getting another 400 Mhz, so it's going to be faster somewhat. If you're not gaming, or doing light gaming, you should be fine.

I have to live with my crappy Celeron D 2.66 Ghz until the summer. It works ok, but dont plan on doing any hardcore gaming with it. I've tried and the results werent good. I have an ok video card and a gig of ram.

You most likly wont notice a difference,

But you may as well.

no sense in not climbing the step stool.

depending on what you wanna usethe computer for but chances are you will not notice the difference but it is worth it as it is still an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom