could anyone help me please?

nayr1991

Baseband Member
i just upgraded to vista the other week and i tried to install my aftermarket nokia usb cable. installation gets about halfway then the comp crashes. on restart i try to reinstall cable drivers but it says they already installed but when i try to uninstall them they cant be found. i have contacted Nokia about this but they wont give any support at all seeing as its a aftermarket cable wtf?!?! i also tried just connecting my phone (nokia n73) to the computer via cable after failed installation and it recognised but as soon as i try to do something like access files on the phone i get the dreaded blue screen. any idea what it could be??

no my other XP has the same problem. its a factory built HP media center system don't know exact specs. it ran perfectly fine on this system when it ran xp home. so i guess it is a compatibility issue with vista. so annoying though

Something to try might or might not help see if you need any windows updates if you do install them then try again with your cable it might just fix any bugs in your system thats causing a driver incompatibility problem.

Something to try might or might not help see if you need any windows updates if you do install them then try again with your cable it might just fix any bugs in your system thats causing a driver incompatibility problem.

As far as i know (according to windows update) i have all new updates. i have checked the windows driver update site and there is nothing for this data cable.

Back
Top Bottom