Corsair 750W PSU Burning Out

ericro89

Beta member
I recently build a new computer mostly for gaming purposes, and I bought a Corsair 750W PSU, which I know is a great model with plenty of power for my machine.

The first PSU I bought burned out within about 2 weeks of activity. I took the computer into the shop, thinking that a brand new Corsair could not have possibly burned out, but that indeed was the case.

A few days ago, I ordered a brand new PSU of the same model, and a few times already the computer won't respond when I press the power button. I've gotten by thus far by plugging the computer into a different socket, after which it turns on. It seems like it's only a matter of time before this PSU also burns out completely.

Any ideas? It's obviously a problem with my computer or wall socket. The build is good but not great, and a 750W can handle it easily. Thanks for the help.

And before anyone asks, here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6
2x Corsair 64g solid state SATA hard drives (raid 0)
3x 4gig (total 12g) DDR3 Ram
GeForce 560
DVD RW Drive
Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Motherboard

No overclocking or anything

I would check the power at your wall socket first. This would need to be done while the computer is plugged in and running as just checking the socket with no load on it may give a false reading.

A lower then normal voltage on the high voltage side of the power supply would cause the low voltage side to draw higher then normal amps.

Of course if you are not experienced working with high voltage please call an electrician to check for you.

Back
Top Bottom