Corrupt flash drive

Legodude522

Daemon Poster
Hello all, I have a fairly new 16gb Sandisk Cruzer flash drive. I was transferring some large files over to it and then something went screwy on my computer and the transfer failed.

I went to delete the erroneous files that failed to transfer on the flash drive and it would not delete. So I went up to step two and tried formatting it and that fails as well. So I plugged it into my Mac and went to use Disk Utility to erase and format it and that fails as well.

Is there any fix for this?

Hello all, I have a fairly new 16gb Sandisk Cruzer flash drive. I was transferring some large files over to it and then something went screwy on my computer and the transfer failed.

I went to delete the erroneous files that failed to transfer on the flash drive and it would not delete. So I went up to step two and tried formatting it and that fails as well. So I plugged it into my Mac and went to use Disk Utility to erase and format it and that fails as well.

Is there any fix for this?

if you're going back and forth between a MAC and a PC that may be your first (and biggest) problem, I believe MACs use a FAT32 file system and PCs use NTFS not sure but I think I read that somewhere, I've never touched a MAC so I'm not 100% positive, hopefully someone can correct me...

Going back and forth between a Mac and a PC would not affect it at all. Fat32 filesystem is Microsoft as well as NTFS. I think the drive was formatted either vfat or fat32.

I'm going to attempt to right zeros to the drive under Linux.

Back
Top Bottom