Core 2 Duo temps?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I was reading a sticky above about the maximum cpu temps....and it says that the Core 2 Duo is 60.1c or something....and i was reading and someone posted this....

ownage said:
I've seen Core 2 Duos at 70*C. They have run benchmarks perfectly fine. I'm saying that Intel temperatures are NOT accurate. User created boundries are what i go by. Trying to keep a Core 2 Duo at 60*C is very difficult with the stock cooling, let alone overclocked with water.

Now as i have posted previously, i recently put in a core 2 duo, it was running at 82c...fiddled with the heatsink, got it averaging 40-45c...so is 40-45c alright for a core 2? or is it still too high?

Matt

Is it the stock cooler? Then it's fine, it's the load temperatures that really matter.

I think as long as it stays under 70C it will be fine. And intel cpu's shut down to prevent damage to the cpu from high temp.

2 of the 3 systems I made ran the Core 2 Duo 6300 at 26 -30 c both ran on a gigabyte mobos and the other is running at 38 idle up to 45 playing games this one is on a ASUS SLI mobo. You should be ok with the actual temp. your getting. It could just be the case you have or the paste you used or did not use on the cpu.

Back
Top Bottom