Copying DVD's (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalyst1

BSOD
Just wanted to point out another example of CF's lameness. Copying DVDs is, in fact, legal. This only applies if you own an original and you don't distribute the copies. But archiving your DVD collection to keep it from getting damaged is a no-no here. God forbid we help people with this.

but....you need to realize that some people will use it for illegal purposes, and discussing that is a no no
and this forum doesn't want to be responsible for that

Exactly - that's really lame. If someone wanted to illegally copy a DVD, there are tons of resources online to do it. It's not like we'd be giving them information that they couldn't normally get.

I'm just saying that I feel it's ridiculous how the staff treats the members of this forum - like someone said before, guilty until proven innocent.

thats just the way this forum is I guess, just deal with it. david and the mods just don't want that stuff to be discussed in here and that's the way it'll be. like you said, there are tons of resources to get that info somewhere else.....so they can get it somewhere else.

spank_fusion said:
Exactly - that's really lame. If someone wanted to illegally copy a DVD, there are tons of resources online to do it. It's not like we'd be giving them information that they couldn't normally get.

I'm just saying that I feel it's ridiculous how the staff treats the members of this forum - like someone said before, guilty until proven innocent.

David doesn't need to be in shit for stupid thigs like copying DVD's. he is relible for things discuesed on thins forum. so the guilty till proven innocent is the best way for him not to get in crap.

the first thread was (I assume) locked for a reason...

There is no legal reason to copy a DVD, you are not allowed to copy a DVD, it is illegal to break the CSS (content scambling system)...

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-3513_16-5128652.html

Backing up your DVDs is not a good reason...

if you don't like it, take it up with the authorities, (as in the lawful ones, not the forums ones)...

Spank_fusion, in case it's not obvious, when a thread is locked, it signals that you are doing something you shouldn't be doing, or talking about somehting that is not allowed, it's not an invitation to start another thread on the same subject.

don't start another thread regarding copying DVDs and the legalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom