Copmuter is Slow

mykul

Baseband Member
well..its slow in that it loads programs like frame by frame..so when trying to run a program..it first has to load all the images of the program and the it takes its time.. but after .. it runs normally..such as Winamp.. takes forever to load..but wen finished runs fine.. wells i dont know whats causing this..last night my comp was running fine..now..=\ ..i dont know if its my HD .. because..i have 2 HD's..and both have this problem..so im guessing its hardware?..wells..everything looks fine to me..graphics card is in and is rigid? ... monitor cables are connected fine.. so i have no idea wats going on .. doubt its a virus..didint install anything last night..just stayed on msn and winamp..anyways..if u have any idea wats going on.. please tell me.. help is greatly needed .. !!

no? .. i know jack crap about comps..LOL.. anyways..as far as i know..these are my specs..

ATI Raedon 9200
Intel Pentium Processor 950MHz
512 Ram

dont know anything else besides that..bwahaha..

try freeing up the ram by ending processes. also, run an adware check from either spybot or adaware, and possibly a virus scan. hope this helps

Well it seems like ur computer needs updating if opening basic programs like Winamp takes a while. You should try getting 1 gig of ram, but I dunno if ur mobo can take it. Also try uninstalling any programs you dont really need. Pentium one processor is pretty old. You would be better just saving ur money to get ready for a new comp.

lmao..its pentium processor 3 or 4.. i put a[?] cuz yea..iddint know which one it was....lols cuz the sticker on my tower says intel inside celeron.. but i was told my comp is P3 ... ohwells..anyways..i think my comp is fixed now..my ati graphics card fixed it i think.. VPU recovery..it said my comp was running on software rendering..welll my comp seems to be normal again..anyways..thanks all for you help...appreciate it =]

PerfectSK, Pentium one processors stops at 266MHZ. He has a Pentium III class CPU. He just didn't put the III in it. As far for memory upgrades, avoid. I wouldn't do much to it (OK, this is ironic. I am willing to spend $80 on a Slot one fachine <_>)
Also, slow startup programs is usual for the speed of machine. But, if it takes forever, check the processes. Should do it :)

wells yes..you seem to know your stuff.. and yes..1024 RAM dosent work on my comp..ive tried it ..anyways.. i always end my processes .. dont have many running..as i said..its all fixed now..wells thx

Back
Top Bottom