Cooler Master Rc-690-kkn1-gp

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys this is my setup right now

pentd 925 3.0ghz 4mb l2cache
512x2mb ddr400 dual channel
intel d865hv motherboard (microatx!)
xfx 7600gs 256mb 128bit (agp 8x)

so yes im wayyy out of date, but it plays my new games fine (Call of Duty 4, Orange Box, and FEAR) now i was thinking since my case will never be able to stay with me when i am to upgrade (because im definately going to ATX) i was going to try and find a good case with matx, and atx capability! which i did

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137
seems good, out of 340 reviews 79% are 5 so i can trust is, also it has bottom PSU so i can just leave the extra chords down there :) seems like it should get great ventilation with the three 120mm fans and 3 passive vents (one in door over cpu, on under psu, and one behind the mobo (near cpu i would think)

so do you think its a good plan of attack, because if i upgrade i can keep my harddrive (160gb sata3.0gb/s, my lite drive which does everything, and my card reader, and possibly my processor for a little while!)

comments are appreciated!

That's a great case. It has lots of room to work in and has excellent ventilation. They make some good quality cases.:D

thank you! has anyone else ever had experience with one
and how should i have the fans blow if i get it? the harddrive one blow in, the back one blow out and the door one blow in? thank!

Yes, that's the correct way to have them. The fans will be mounted in the correct positions already from the factory.

I have a Coolermaster Cavalier case that works great. It's well built, quiet, and installing the drives and such was a breeze with the "tool-less" design.

i also have another 80mm fan in my old case, could i take that out too and put it on the second vent in the door of the case? i noticed it had a lot of different hole sizes so would it fit my 80mm on there? thanks!

Yea, you can put an 80mm fan in there, although it's not really needed IMO. The 120 already installed moves plenty of air and the smaller fan will probably be louder too.

i havent ordered it yet but there is no way i can get that last rebate in before the 30th! so ill just get it from newegg but thanks for the help, and yeh ill probably just give the 80mm fan to my bro!

one question, is it possible to put a fan on the vent that goes behind the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom