Converting an Internal HD to and External

Burnthings176

Solid State Member
I'm planning to buy a new laptop to replace my PC, and am planning to copy my files from my PC to the laptop, then sell off the PC, donate it, or give it to a sibling. The hard drives on both are the same sive, and at the moment i have about 20 gigs left on the PC, but have been at times with less than a gig of free memory left. So, ive been pondering on buying an external harddrive, but they seem so expensive. So i decided to look at buying an internal harddrive for a Desktop and putting it in a housing so that it can connect via usb. does this sound reasonable? any suggestions on good housings, and good harddrives? prolly shooting for 100-200 gigs

yeh, or you could do what my mate did..ran an IDE and power cable out the back of the comp and sat it in a hdd housing on top of his case..very silly

you could do one of the following. Hook the two computers up via an ethernet cord, set up a two pc network, and ghost the hard drive of the pc to the laptop. (note: this erases all data on the laptop hard drive and is not recommended to people that dont know how to ghost hard drives)

Or you could just stick the hard drive in an external hard drive enclosure. Most these days have it set up with a usb cord out the back, simple for plugging in to another computer.

Back
Top Bottom