Considering an audio upgrade

I'm kinda an audio noob, are those good specs or bad?

To give you an idea, my subwoofer has a frequency response of 48 Hz - 120 Hz (-3 dB). Some even say it doesn't classify as a subwoofer, because most can go below 30 Hz.

I'm not sure how accurate those specifications are, and whether or not they're -10 dB or - 3dB. Here's an example of how these can differ.

Frequency Range (-10 dB): 42 Hz - 200 Hz
Frequency Response (-3 dB): 48 Hz - 120 Hz

See the difference between each specification? Regardless, those are still pretty decent speakers. They're not exactly made for home use, but neither are my speakers.

I see. I guess I'll just have to hook them up and see how it goes. I don't if it'll be done tonight, I'll get back to you guys when it is done though.

Got it set up and I have to say I'm much happier. I'm not sure how to put it, but music has a much "fuller" sound to it.

Pics after I eat and clean everything up.

I'm not sure how to put it, but music has a much "fuller" sound to it.

Glad you like your system. It should sound fuller. Computer speakers just don't compare.

I don't know if you are a gamer, but I would recommend X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro series sound card, along with a NICE noise-canceling headset from either Logitech, Razer, or sennheiser, so you won't bother anyone who might be sleeping, along with keeping out unwanted noise disrupting your music. Like I said if you are a gamer, you will get nice PRECISE, clean sound, and wall people in Left 4 Dead, CS + other games so precisely, they will call you a wall hacker. So if you're looking for clean and crisp sound, stick to a good sound card+headset. Plus the so called onboard sound with "HD" drivers from realtek and such are just straight garbage, it sounds disgusting. Every person I recommended to a nice sound card and headset were always happy with the choice. Don't forget you need good quality music too if you want songs to sound good. I'm using the sound card i mentioned above and a decent Razer Barracuda headset with lots of good adjustments and sound features, awesome surround sound. I went and listened to that Virtual barber shop thing with real 3d sound y00t00b.com and I did what they said to do, close my eyes and listen, and the entire time I seriously thought I was getting a haircut and felt like he was moving around me in the diff directions the sound moved in my headset, and is only amazing when you have a good headset+ sound card. Make the wise choice *wink* and good luck =)

I don't think my onboard sound does the sound processing when you run SPDIF to a receiver, at least that's what I was told. I'll look into it.

I don't know if I want to go the headphone route either. I know the advantages are huge when gaming, but I like to be able to hear anything going on around me. I'll consider it though.

Back
Top Bottom