Connecting Two Computers Via USB For Filesharing/Networking?? HELP!!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a USB-->USB connector for computers. It allows me to transfer files from my two vista computers, but not network them. I know that it is possible but I can't figure out the networking settings... any ideas?

It is basically USB (A)---------adapter----------USB (A), I want to be able to open stored movies on my other computer without having to transfer it over first. I think it has something to do with the TCP/IP setting or something...

thank you!

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a USB-->USB connector for computers. It allows me to transfer files from my two vista computers, but not network them. I know that it is possible but I can't figure out the networking settings... any ideas?

It is basically USB (A)---------adapter----------USB (A), I want to be able to open stored movies on my other computer without having to transfer it over first. I think it has something to do with the TCP/IP setting or something...

thank you!

well to share my files in between computers i made a LAN
using ethernet cable and then i made a shared file on each pc
so i had a shared file (desktop 1) on desktop 2, and a shared file (desktop 2) on desktop 1
basicly i put the file that i wanted to share in the opposite file
then went and opened it on the other pc
and voila! it worked like a charm

Thanks for the response! Ive done that before as well but that is only using ethernet cables, USB is faster i cannot figure out how to make it work with sharing as well

Thanks for the response! Ive done that before as well but that is only using ethernet cables, USB is faster i cannot figure out how to make it work with sharing as well

im at a loss as well
so the best thing that i can do right now
is bump it for you and hope that someone else knows
and i might learn something from it

Thank you! Ok I have found something, when the USB cable it plugged in I have a new network connection called "VMNET" and there are two of them... Could this be used do you think?

I really doubt your going to see a huge speed increase using USB over ethernet communications on a home network setup.
Not worth it considering how easy it is to setup a network............you'd of been done transferring data by now. :D

I know but I already am using my ethernet port for internet and our school does not allow the use of routers or anything...

get a second nic for one of the computer (assuming its a desktop i guess) and bridge the connection.

Back
Top Bottom