Connecting The Power Supply

jashan17

In Runtime
I have an Apevia 680watt power supply and am confused on where to connect each plug. Theres so many of the same plugs. I dont understand why theres more than one same type of plug hooked up to another one that has another plug in the middle of the wire...:confused: :eek:

each on gets its own power. the only advice i can think of is make sure everything has power. each thing only has one tye of power connector. for example: a 4 pin molex isn't gonna fit in a sata connector. or a 24 pin mobo power isn't gonna fit in the CPu power but maybe vise versa.

Usually there's a huge plug that goes into the motherboard (about an inch in length). Sometimes mobos need additional power and they have a smaller, 3 or 4-pin connection, too. I think all you need is those two plugs in the worst case scenario..

Usually there's a huge plug that goes into the motherboard (about an inch in length). Sometimes mobos need additional power and they have a smaller, 3 or 4-pin connection, too. I think all you need is those two plugs in the worst case scenario..

So why are they so many plugs on the power supply? theres more than one pin connection on the mobo...They both have like 4 little pins and another row with 5 little pins right on it...There are also 3 pin connections on the mobo..:confused: There is also one medium sized one with 4 holes :confused:

Hm, pictures would make this a lot easier...

There should be one main HUGE plug (atx) that will go into the motherboard...the mobo usually has this labeled, too. Regarding the smaller plugs, I really don't know what to say. Maybe someone will better knowledge can help you in that area.

Try THIS

And if not let me explain...

OK,The big long one plugs into your motherboard,there is possibly a 4 Pin one that plugs into your mothernboard also,it will be shaped like a Square.Depending on your Drive types,Plug the 4 pin (Rectangular shaped) plugs into your CD Drives\Harddrives.And Depends on your graphics card,you might have to plug a 6 pin plug into it.

Thanks a lot...But im still kinda confused.. In the twelfth picture my motherboard has a slot like that right next to the memory slots...Do i just leave it empty?
Also how do i plug in the video cards power? I heard it had something to do with rails or something, im kinda lost

Back
Top Bottom