Connecting old computer to crt tv

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, I've connected an old computer to a flat screen crt tv, I've had to connect it via s video, as the tv doesn't have a vga port, it works, but the picture jumps up and down, has anyone else tried to connect a tv via s video and have any idea's as to how to stop it jumping, also the psu doesn't have a p6 connector, but the previous one did, after a bit of reading up online, it seems not having the p6 plugged in could cause system instability, and the computer does indeed keep turning itself off and restarting, I'm assuming this is why, is there a way around the psu problem without buying a new psu, because getting a new mobo or replacing the cpu seems ridiculously expensive when you can get a modern board for not much more

This is more of an educated guess than anything, but I call it an educated one because I have seen this happen with TV's like that when trying to play back information from newer game systems.
I am going to guess that it could be your tv. To test this, could you try it with a different tv?

Last edited:
This is more of an educated guess than anything, but I call it an educated one because I have seen this happen with TV's like that when trying to play back information from newer systems game systems.
I am going to guess that it could be your tv. To test this, could you try it with a different tv?

Thanks for the reply, the rest of the tv work perfectly, and I've even tried it in two different ports, but I shall try it and see, it's the first time I've seen the problem, so you probably have a better idea than me, thanks

Back
Top Bottom