Confused..........very confused

WiiManDustin

Baseband Member
We downloaded FireFox and the laptop froze and keeps showing this error:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable tor remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory oprions such as caching or showing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000007A (0XE17B668, 0XC000000E, 0XBF8C4128, 0X186E8860)

***Win32k.sys - Address BF8C4128 base at BF800000, Darestamp 41107f7a

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump comp[lete.
Contact you system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

So I did a factory restore; but this error still pops up. It logs into windows and is fine for a few min then freezes and it pops up, restarts and does the whole process over and over again....any suggestions will help.

When you said you restored to factory, what did you do exactly?

Could be caused by several things, a virus, bad ram, bad block in a page file.

I would try reformatting and see what happens.

I cant....it freezes within like 2 min of logging on......and if I do open a window, that lil flashing looking for files pops up till it does freeze....

dont log in, when you first start up your comp put in your windows cd and hit F8 or whatever key it tells you hit to change what the comp boots off of, then delete your current windows, and reinstall it.

Reformatting will rule out a software problem like a virus or bad block in a page file so if it keeps doing it, it's a hardware problem.

Back
Top Bottom