Computer wont turn on, been trying to fix for a while

SSCUltima

Solid State Member
just recently i had bought a new LED fan and a sound control module, i have put in the fan started up the computer and it worked fine, but then i tried putting the SCM into the computer and i press the power switch the lights would flicker then go out, i tried this about 5 times then i unplugged it. But after that the computer just wont start anymore, i have called my computer company and the company of the product i bought from them, but "they cant help me in any way" is what they said. The is power on i know that, because there is a green light on for my main power on the M/B, i have made sure that the power and reset switchs are plugged into the right places, i looked for blown transformers, and i also looked in my power supply but i found nothing wrong, i even took the M/B out of the case and put in on a non-conductive surface and yet still nothing.

Is there something that im missing? i know it cant be my power supply because i tried the one from the working computer. So my guess is that there is something wrong with the hard drive.

Check the cpu fan. That may be the problem as the mobo won't allow a boot if it is bad.

but with my power supply my fan is directly put into the board of the power supply

Also, i have already tried another power supply from my other computer

oh and i can tell that power is going through my power supply because i just got a jolt from it

this...

Computerproject134_thumb.jpg

The black thing to the right in this pic is the cpu fan. That's what per is speaking about.

And what is that sound control module you're taliking about? What does it do? Where does it plug in?

You may have OVERVOLTED the PSU. If this is the case, take out the ATX connector from the motherboard and check the holes where the pins go in on both parts (the connector and insert area) If you see a light yellow or brown hue on ANY of the pins or inside the connectors, then the motherboards ATX powerconnector is blown.

Back
Top Bottom