Computer. What is it good for ?

WindowsXP

In Runtime
I have had a computer for a long time. I don't play games on it. I do use the Internet often though. Other than that theres not much to do. I don't mess with pictures or videos. My 200GB hard drive has 96% free space.

The Internet. What else is there ? I see these 400GB hard drives. For what ? Why in the world would a human being need a 400GB hard drive unless they want to download thier brain onto it for safe keeping ?

What other uses are there for home users. Not scientists. By the way Im 17.

What is it good for :confused:

Games! :D
That's what mine is for.
Also some word processing and other school stuff.

computers obviously arent for you. but youll probably need one for college.

well a lot of things
a video game can take 15g+ ive seen before
music ive used 20g before........
photos if u take a lot of pics
3d modeling
documents
programs for pirating games =P
torrents
the list goes on and on
most of the time your never going to use all your hard drive space
but ive used about 205g before
your a home user ud probly be fine on a 20g hard drive
but id say the average person
who downloades music
goes on the net and aim
will need a 100g hard drive
oh ya and highdeff videos take up a lot of space!!!

Occasionaly u woud play a BIT of games and then once u get into university(if u are planning) u have bigger problems!

well, you ask what's it good for.
But I'm going to ask what's it not good for?

Seriously you can do almost anything with a computer right now.
I use it everyday for
talking to friends
playing games
watching movies/tv shows (don't even have a dvd player at home, no need since my monitor is bigger than my tv :D)
listening to music
using forums like this one (great for learning stuff and helping people)

a computer can be used for so many things it's not even funny.

Downloading games, music, films, software etc. Ive got over a terabyte of storage and im running out lol.

Well i dont realy game but i use the internet and in my house i have 360gb storage spread out over three comps like this
laptop 60gb
desktop 1 , 220gb
desktop 3 ,80gb
and i dodnt use it all but i always like having more space than i need
maybe 100-150gb max i use
i have about 10gb music and growing everyday. I also download tv showsi have missed due to being away or ust forgetting . I also store a lot of dvd images of movies till i go to the store and get more blank dvd's . I dont edit video all the time but i did earlier this year and i found a short 90-120 second video took around 2gb with all the assets and stuff
You can also use it to sendfamil photos and stuff to family and keep in touch
You can also use your computer to find out any random piece of information that you may need . put it this way if you cant find it on the internet it dosent exist lol
You can also use your computer to sell stuff like on ebay .

I wouldnt worry that you havent fillefd your hard drive as for some people they dont use many files but then others such as raffaz above me use over a terrabyte

Back
Top Bottom