Computer --> TV?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have a computer and TV in my basement. The TV is about 10 ft away from the computer.

The computer has a graphics card that has the regular monitor plugin and then a circular plug next to it (that I don't know what goes into it).

The TV is about 4 yrs old and has audio/video cables and that stuff.

How can I make what's on my computer show up on my TV screen?

Thanks!

That pluf would be SVideo, check to see if your TV supports that. Should have a plug just like that "circle" one on your gpu

if its on old tv then its no gd for lookin at stuff on the desktop, only 2 look at pics and watch vids on it, but the new tv (flat screen) should be ok tho

Ok, thanks for the Svideo --> AV link; I'll probably get that. Now how can I make it longer? And also, how do I transfer the sound?

Also, the ebay link you provided had an image at the bottom that has "Video Out" and "S-Video Out" circled. But doesn't one of them have to be able to do input?

Thanks

the Svideo on the graphics card only does video, no sould that comes from ur computer speakers

DackOfDoom said:
Ok, thanks for the Svideo --> AV link; I'll probably get that. Now how can I make it longer? And also, how do I transfer the sound?

Also, the ebay link you provided had an image at the bottom that has "Video Out" and "S-Video Out" circled. But doesn't one of them have to be able to do input?

Thanks

Your video card is s-video out, your tv has a av in. You should be able to plug them right in. Ask the seller on ebay for a longer cable. I dont know why they circled a av out, maybe thats all they had to show what av looked like?

Back
Top Bottom