Computer stopped working :( Any suggestions!

skyguy

Beta member
I know thats a really broad sentance, but yea.
So yesterday I was taking my computer out of sleep mode, everything was going well except there was no display on my monitor. So I decided to force reboot my comp. After that, whenever I go to turn it on everything starts up (fans ect) But no display goes to monitor.
I dont think its my graphics card because its very new, (2months) and the fan still runs. I checked my cables and everything seems to be connected. Another weird thing is it will turn on for 3 seconds, shut off, then turn back on again.... I have no idea what to do! or where to start! :(

Checked, it is all good and connected. Blah this is stressing me out :( Think it could be the motherboard or something? Or the hard drive? Would the comp still go into bios without the hard drive?

Checked, it is all good and connected. Blah this is stressing me out :( Think it could be the motherboard or something? Or the hard drive? Would the comp still go into bios without the hard drive?

There could be a an internal problem with the power cable but it could be anything from the CPU to the motherboard. Did you build this computer yourself?

Trying removing your ram modules, and testing them 1 by 1. Otherwise as mentioned above, its probably something faulty on the motherboard, or maybe the CPU.

I am taking it your graphics card is not "on-board"?...

HHmm ill try the ram thing, its 2 2gig sticks.
The card is a n460gtx.

Well give the ram a shot, if you still have problems you'll need to probably get a hold of other hardware to test with, otherwise contact the manufacturer since you should be under warranty.

Good Luck

I know thats a really broad sentance, but yea.
So yesterday I was taking my computer out of sleep mode, everything was going well except there was no display on my monitor. So I decided to force reboot my comp. After that, whenever I go to turn it on everything starts up (fans ect) But no display goes to monitor.
I dont think its my graphics card because its very new, (2months) and the fan still runs. I checked my cables and everything seems to be connected. Another weird thing is it will turn on for 3 seconds, shut off, then turn back on again.... I have no idea what to do! or where to start! :(

You can also try reinstalling your OS.

Back
Top Bottom