Which computer should I get?

It's quite simple when it comes to gaming; newer components = better.

Spec of 1st:

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO e8400 3.0GHZ (I can set it to 3.6GHZ on stock volts same temp for you) Cooled by a XIGMATEK 120MM HEATSINK + FAN
GFX: Gforce 9800GTX 512
RAM: 3GB DDR2 (2GB Corsair 1GB gskill)
HDD: 320GB SATA
MOBO:ASUS P5-ND SLI Ready
PSU: 500w Cooler Master

3GB RAM is 1GB less than most entry level laptops, that GPU is old and the processor is several Core series out of date. The HDD also isnt very big.

Spec of 2nd

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P with Crossfire Capability
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
ATI Radeon 4890
Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283 CPU Cooler
Coolmaster CM 690 II w/ 7 fans (HD dock on top)
Corsair CM3X2G1333C9 4gb DDR3-1333
400gb 7200rpm hard drive

again old CPU, this GPU is a little more up to dare but still 2 series old and probably wont work too well with BF3 on medium-high settings. Has that key number (4GB) of RAM and is DDR3 (which is faster than DDR2 like in the first). And again, the hard drive also isnt Huge.

The third is the best but it still isn't all that good. Breakdown of spec:

Latest AMD Phenom II x4 840 at 3.2ghz quad core (3 year warranty) - That's a lie, it's no where near the latest model
XFX Geforce GT 240 DDR3 graphics card (life-time warranty)XFX haven't manufactured NVIDIA cards since 2009, this isn't a very high end card at all. It's usually used within say, graphic design.
4GB High Speed Kingston Memory (lifetime)[/b] high speed? if they don't put the specific speed on there, it's probably not very good. No type (ddr3, DDR2) given either.[/b]
Seagate Barracuda 1000GB @ 7200rpm (loads windows in 30 sec) (3 year) Can add another brand new 1000GB drive for only $45. This is a good drive, but Seagate drives of old have been terrible. Who knows what model they put in
MSI 785GTM-E45 with on board hdmi and 8 channel audio (3 year)Why bother putting onboard HDMI in the specific if there's a graphics card added? you won't be able to use the HDMI if you're using an additional card.
Rosewill Blackbone black steel tool-less case with 2 full 120mm LED fans (looks really cool in the inside)This is the only part of the spec i like. Rosewill cases are the $hit.
Antec Neo Eco True Wattage 520 watt (3 year) this is pretty good too

so, out of the three, the last one is clearly the best; newer components, better speeds. None are all that high spec, and the last ad sounds like a right cowpooper if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom