Computer Recycling

HiddenTalent

Baseband Member
I've got tons of old computer parts, many that are out dated, and many that I posted for sale and had no bites on.

I'm wanting to get rid of them but dont want to just give them to CompRenew or some company like that.

Are there any companies like CashForGold that buy computer parts?

I've also got about 4-6 CRT monitors that need to go....

Everything works I just dont want to waste it.

I don't know of any places that buy old computer parts. I think you're stuck with dropping them off at a computer recycling outlet. Some of them are non profit and the parts are considered as a "donation" and are tax deductible.

Apple Equipment Recycling for the US

Apple supports the environmentally sound, economically efficient management of Apple products throughout their life cycle. Apple advocates flexible policies that involve the sharing of responsibility among all entities in the product life cycle.

As a first step, Apple's Environmental Health and Safety Department, through its Recycling group, has developed a program to provide a product end of life management option for purchasers of Apple equipment. This end of life program is currently available to all Apple customers. The customer pays a fee that covers the "reverse logistic" of shipping the unit from the customer location(s) to the Apple recycling vendor. This includes the shipping of a packaging (if needed) and prepaid shipping label to the customer's location, and brief instructions on how to package and return the unit. We began this program in May 2001 for our educational sales group and have now extended it to include all Apple customers. More information can be found at:

http://www.recycleapc.com/Apple/

Our recycling partner on this program receives all of the equipment, inventories it and prepares it for recycling. This process diverts 85 - 90% of each unit from landfill and into beneficial uses in other markets.

Apple uses great care in selecting partners for this program to ensure that equipment sent through this program is managed in an environmentally responsible manner through periodic audits of each vendor

Do what Neodude suggested. Just post it as a huge lot on ebay. You might get like $100 or something. I don't really know though because I don't know what the parts are.

Back
Top Bottom