Computer Is really acting up

nope i dont... in fact i think my windows is pirated... i probably end up buying a WinXP Home edition...

is there another way to do it??...

You can't get any more detail than that. THat's a good link to follow for anyone who want to reformat their hard drive. It should be in the sticky somewhere on "How to properly reformat the hard drive and reinstall WIndows".

You can't get any more detail than that. THat's a good link to follow for anyone who want to reformat their hard drive. It should be in the sticky somewhere on "How to properly reformat the hard drive and reinstall WIndows".

+1 ? :)

w/ out a windows cd you can't reformat, you can try system restore, set you computer back a few weeks, but depending on how bad this virus is, it might of disabled that feature, happened to me once, but to be 100% sure this virus is gone and your system is clean your going to need a windows cd and reformat

As you have a pirated copy of windows on your system your pretty much knackered, go by yourself a copy of XP HOME there only about £50.
Then reformat you computer with you new disc, before you start that its very important you have the necessary drivers/ installation discs as well
GRAPHICS CARD, SOUND CARD, PRINTER, SCANNER ETC. then write down your ISP SETTINGS( Internet service provider) so you can set up your INTERNET connection and email client.

would it be possible to take one of my friends WinXp cd's... would that work??

that should work just fine. But it's illegal.

And blackjack, you don't really need all of those drivers before you start. The only stuff you need is the ISP settings and network card drivers. Then you can get online and download the latest drivers for all the other stuff.

that should work just fine. But it's illegal.

And blackjack, you don't really need all of those drivers before you start. The only stuff you need is the ISP settings and network card drivers. Then you can get online and download the latest drivers for all the other stuff.

That is true, but I still have all my original disc's as I look after things lol, what you tend to find is people new to computers just rush in and reformat there HDD then reinstall windows only to find they have no sound or the desk top icons are to big or no INTERNET access etc.

That is true, but I still have all my original disc's as I look after things lol, what you tend to find is people new to computers just rush in and reformat there HDD then reinstall windows only to find they have no sound or the desk top icons are to big or no INTERNET access etc.

yeah I've seen that happens quite a few times.
The reason I always download the drivers from the internet is that then at least I update my drivers once in a while. Doesn't matter for most drivers, but for example video card drivers should be fairly new if you want to play the latest games. And I always manage to lose the cd's that have the original drivers on them. :D

yeah I've seen that happens quite a few times.
The reason I always download the drivers from the internet is that then at least I update my drivers once in a while. Doesn't matter for most drivers, but for example video card drivers should be fairly new if you want to play the latest games. And I always manage to lose the cd's that have the original drivers on them. :D

I'm terrible with keys myself, The first thing I do when I reinstall windows ( which is hardly never now) is get my AV and FIREWALL up an running then put my bear essentials update it then install NORTON GHOST and make a back up immediately so if any major problems arouse i just restore from my image back up. it takes about half hour to have my system fully running again.
Theres no reinstalling windows, drivers or programs its already done, so my tip to any computer beginner is if you don't have a back up partition then go and get NORTON GHOST OR ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE immediately and save yourself allot of headaches and money on PC repairs.

Back
Top Bottom