Computer Randomly resetting

Duncan611628

Beta member
Hi ive got a pretty old computer, 550mhz AMD K6, 192mb Ram , couple of hard drives Running win 2000 pro. What's happening is the computer will just restart as if someones pressed the reset button on the front completely at random. Altho it does seem to be doing it usually when im online, ive recently got ADSL but i dont see why that would cause it. Im also running a ZoneAlarm firewall and that caused a similar problem on another PC but a quick uninst/reinst fixed it, but this is not the case with mine. Could anyone suggest anything that might be causing this, or if you think it is to do with the firewall could you suggest another program? any help would be really appreciated its really startin to bug the hell outta me! thanks

Dunc :)

same happened to mine...maybe ur psu's nakerd? mine stopped restarting when i put a new psu in...it must of burnt out inside or just couldn't take the heat..i'm not sure...but its a possibility

Yeah, this is usally a power problem... Make sure your getting enough juice as well...

Heat could also be a problem. Think you might have lots of dust in there and the added stress of 2000 is causing it to over heat?

Power hungry internet

Check ur PSU, and your vid card or drivers for your vid adapter, sometimes that does it too along with lack of juice. Also win 2000/ME was a pretty unstable OS to begin with, maybe its time for a new OS while your at it?

Back
Top Bottom