Computer Question :: Help Please!

artificial

Solid State Member
Hey guys I need some help. My computer that I custom built about 2 years ago was going good until the other day. What happened I have no idea and thats what I kinda need help with.

Problem: My computer wont run... Its plugged in and everything and I hit power, it starts (Like the fan starts going to keep it cool) but it doesnt show anything. The monitor just has a blank screen. I also notice that the harddrive doesnt make any noise because it used to... like a warmup sorta thing. At first I thought it was the harddrive, so I went out and bought a new harddrive. Not it. Perfectly good new harddrive, it still wont show any sign of starting up.

Question: Can I still use this computer? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it the processor or something? Basically can I do anything to it to get it to work again?

Thanks much ahead of time. Any comments or questions on what I'm running I'll answer. But please, replies ASAP =) I want to get this thing running again.

NeXuS said:
Im thinking it could be the VPU what are your specs?

VPU being? I'm not completely retarded but I understand a lot of computer lingo and stuff... Sorry =\

Heres what I have :

Aopen System Case
Aopen 250 W Power Supply
ECS K7VZA Scoket A 266 MHz Mainboard (w/e that means)
AMD Athlon 1200/266MHz Processor
2 256MB Ram
Maxtor 200gb 8mb cache 7200 rpm harddrive
Ati vid card

joxley1990 said:
Thats wierd, which exact video card is it? Try replacing the video card....

I tried replacing the video card with both of the other two I have. Same - Nothing. The power works... I tested it with that little PSU thingy... the #s are right in there. All my fans run, and when the fans run my cd rom opens and closes, so everything is getting power... Someone else suggested it being the mother board?

Back
Top Bottom