Computer Project!

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, I am in Cisco in high school right now.. and lets just say I'm passing :D I think I have a B lol..

Well, we got this project and he is fully aware that the other two people and I don't really know how to do it. So we went to him, and he said he didn't have time to explain it :p go ask someone else. What a bust huh? So I'm turning to the best computer community there is! :D (suck up? I know :) )

Building A is 24 meters from Building B. Buildings A and B are 4 kilometers from Building C. All three must be on the same class B private network. Building C has 1480 network devices and network connected computers. Building A has 660 devices and network connected computers. Building B has 295 network devlces and network connected computers.

The Demarcation point is in Building A. There is one DS-3 line terminated at this point into a csu/dsu which is connected to a Cisco 3124 Router.
The default gateway is 172.18.0.1 and the public IP address is 194.189.241.218.

OBJECTIVES:

Subnet all three buildings.

Describe how each building is to be connected.

Add any needed routers, or other devices, of proper size and capability needed. This includes pricing information.

Describe how each buildings devices are connected to the switches needed for a proper connectivity AND make sure the capability for needed for expansion is figured in to the design specifications you submit.

A good place for pricing of equipment can be found at"

blackbox.com.

-----------------------------------------

The picture looks like this...

Building A
-------------------------------Building C
-------------------------------
Building B

I don't know what most of that stuff means in there :p I'll just highlight in red..

I was thinking just have a big wireless satalite going out to bld. C.. But he said that all my stuff had to be "Cisco Stuff". Wtf does that mean?

I was going to just have wireless on everything, buy a bunch of wireless cards.. but I don't know if they are considered "cisco stuff". So I turn to fiber to bld C. ... but I don't know.
And I just don't know about all the internal stuff...

:( I'm bad at this.. please help!

i would love to have helped you, but just didn't know the answer as i am sure was the case with many of us on here.....also, as a side note, you may want to just edit your posts instead of triple posting...i know double posting is a no-no around here, so i imagine triple posting is even worse!

lol the people who know the answer to that question wouldn't be wasting their time here :p they're at their real 100k a year paying jobs instead :p

but i can kinda figure it out

lol...

Well, We got an extension.

I just have 4 miles of singe mode fiber going from a router to building C. Also from the router, I have 25m of fiber going to B.. then the router is located in building A. No idea how to do the internal stuff... :D

I'm thinking I'll have this for internal.. lots of them
http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=425,1827,1828&mid=4705
There are 48 connectors there.. so

dfor c I will have (1480/48) 31 of them, B 7 and A will have 14 of them? seems fairly easy.. so I'm doing it wrong. :D. Then I have to account for the cabling..

Ok, I did it, now the IP addressing, I have no idea how to do that. My teacher, whom I said does not help :p Said figure out how many hosts there are..

There are 2435. I have no idea how to figure out the IP address range... :D

*The dedault gateway is 172.18.0.1 and the public IP address is 194.189.241.218*

if that helps.. thanks! This is all I have left!!

-Q

He's making me get a separate subnet for all three buildings....

Back
Top Bottom