Computer problem

Onisac

Baseband Member
Over the past couple of days, I have had some major problems with my computer. It would freeze after being on for only a few minutes and that went on for a few hours or so everytime i restarted it. Then it started once with a distorted resolution but functioned fine. After saving all of my important info, I restarted again and have not gotten past the boot menu. It either freezes there or doesn't even turn on. I don't have any idea what the problem is and would like to know if someone can help. Here are my computer specs.

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor

MSI NX8400GS-TD256E GeForce 8400 GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

can you boot in safe mode? did you accidently turn off your computer while a program that was using alot of memory was still running? If so, run in safe mode...open up CMD (command prompt) and run CHKDSK. should scan/fix errors on the HDD... also could sound like a terrible virus

When the computer starts up, it just goes straight to a black screen with a DOS looking cursor. I can't start it in safe mode or anything.

Back
Top Bottom