Computer overheating!? Help

ionscorp

Baseband Member
Well I have been gaming for the past few nights with the New World of Warcraft. Today my computer has shut off by itself 3 times, It's really wigging me out..

Using Hardware Monitor, it shows my: GPU: 61C CPU: 60C Idle and during gaming my GPU stays the same while my CPU jumps up to 75 and sometimes 80C.

Something is definitely wrong, yet all my fans are working properly.. As is the fan on top of my processor.

I used orthos to see if it was the processor and my computer shut down 33-45s later..

What do you guys think I should do?

The CPU temps are a bit high.

How's the airflow through the case? Are there any intake and/or exhaust fasn that are working properly and have no obstructions?

You could try removing the CPU HSF, and then clean and reapply the thermal paste.

Well, what CPU do you have?

Anything over 60C for a CPU is bad. GPU's can hit 80-90C's and still run like a train, but if your as naggy as me with temperatures, you will find some way to bring them down.

Check if the CPU fan is plugged in or if its even spinning up. Seems like the fan might have died out.

He did say the processor fan is working.

I was thinking that maybe the fan isn't spinning fast enough. It may be slowing down due to use/age and not providing enough airflow to keep the CPU cool.

I have an duo core proc 3.14 wolfdale, and a nforce mobo.. using stock proc fan.

I have a Cooler Master case with three fans in it. Everything is running hot >.>

Back
Top Bottom