Computer OS

heifsin85

Baseband Member
I have two computers at home, a desktop and a laptop. Right now im on my desktop. Yesterday while searching the ntenet on my laptop which has 98SE, i turned it off becasue going to lunch. When i got back I turned it on and it goes to my laptop's desktop with the backround but nuthing there, just my sky backround. Then this thing pops up that say windows 98 user registration. So i put in my name and then it says cd key which i do not have because i bought this comp off ebay about 5-6 months ago. What is happening? Why does it say user regitration if i alreadydid all this 5-6 months ago?

your key should be with the laptop and you should have the 98 cd or at the very least a restore cd.

if you have neither of these then the person who sold you it on ebay is dodgy.

give you some advice any key for windows 98 will work on any copy as long as it was genuine when it was installed.

Heifsin85 said:
I have two computers at home, a desktop and a laptop. Right now im on my desktop. Yesterday while searching the ntenet on my laptop which has 98SE, i turned it off becasue going to lunch. When i got back I turned it on and it goes to my laptop's desktop with the backround but nuthing there, just my sky backround. Then this thing pops up that say windows 98 user registration. So i put in my name and then it says cd key which i do not have because i bought this comp off ebay about 5-6 months ago. What is happening? Why does it say user regitration if i alreadydid all this 5-6 months ago?
Easy,Ask EBay.
Now you see why i won't buy this way.
:D

Back
Top Bottom