computer not starting up

Adityaniceboy89

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,
So, a brief history to what just happened to my P.C:
Eight month ago I shifted my computer to my room from another room. In my room the sockets do not have an ground connection. For six month it was working fine, then it started to shut down on it's own and sometimes restarting and now it is not starting at all.
Any view about what the problem can be?

Sounds like it could be the power supply. That's the first thing I would check. If you have another one (or could even borrow one from a friend's PC to see if when it's hooked up if your pc will start).

Could be the mobo or RAM or something else too, but power supply is a good start.

You're getting spikes that normally get routed to ground on the 3rd pin. With no where to go they slip in the system and wreak havoc. Need a grounded outlet for your computer.

You're getting spikes that normally get routed to ground on the 3rd pin. With no where to go they slip in the system and wreak havoc. Need a grounded outlet for your computer.

I let my computer rest for a while and did not turn it on until yesterday night. this time it was working fine. Seems like the excess charges got dissipated somehow.

Sounds like it could be the power supply. That's the first thing I would check. If you have another one (or could even borrow one from a friend's PC to see if when it's hooked up if your pc will start).

Could be the mobo or RAM or something else too, but power supply is a good start.

okay I'll get the power supply checked if the problem continues.

While possible it's unlikely. HOWEVER... Have you scanned for bugs, viruses, and other nasty stuff?

That's a cheater. If the tab is put under the cover plate set screw it does nothing unless the outlet and the box it's in is grounded. If there's a ground wire to the box swapping out the outlet and grounding it to the box would be the thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom