that computer that my friend found

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
so remember that thread about the comp my friend found with the P4? well whenever i try to install xp on it, from any of the disks i have, from 4 different cd drives, and 3 different hard drives, it fails to write so files on the "copying installation files" thing. what can be done to fix it???

I'm not really sure what could be wrong, but check all the connections, and make sure everything is in working order.

And I know this might sound stupid, but try running kill disk on your drive, then installing. That might do the trick.

i'll say this once.. Do scan disk.. Put that harddrive on your computer.. than use windows scan disk on it to make sure there isnt any errors

That's what I told you on MSN. I know that memory sticks are good, but what about their banks? If these are good, your mobo is faulty.

If not, Swap HDDs on your PC and use my guide. Run your hard drvie from your PC and install it from there. Afterwards,read my guide to what you have to do and then put it inthe other PC.

Then, do a CPU test. If this fails, your CPU is faulty. So, mobo or CPU, take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom