Computer keeps Restarting

palmerdanie38

Beta member
Recently I put together a computer and it ran for about 2 days before it stopped running. After a windows update, windows was starting up and froze so i pressed the restart button then the computer started to restart consistently within a few seconds of the last restart. The fans would run normally for a moment then stop and restart about when they stopped spinning. I have replace my motherboard and power supply with no effect. I am also not getting anything on screen. (HDD and Optical drive are not the problem as I have troubleshooted those out) I moved the RAM around and took it out so i don't think that is the problem. I am fearing that my CPU is the issue but I am reluctant to send it back and wait for another week and a half for more parts.
CPU: I3 3220 3.3 GHz
Motherboard:MSI LGA1155/Intel B75/DDR3/sata3 MicroATX B75MA-P45
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 MHz

Make sure the heatsink is properly seated on the CPU with thermal compound. Make sure you use a new dab of thermal compound by removing what was on there currently.

It's likely some kind of issue related to the CPU, but you need to reseat the CPU and apply new thermal compound first, because it sounds like its overheating really fast.

Back
Top Bottom