Computer freezing after 2 minutes of use? A lot more happens too, read on...?

jonny007

Beta member
I was using the computer normally, blue screen of death, then restarted normally then it crashed after 2 minutes of use, then started in safe mode, all ok! then tried again then but randomly restarted after 2 mins, tried to turn on, but screens did not turn on. Did not help taking the graphics card out, then found if you hold power button while disconnected from mains, resets bios. Worked! :) then all seemed fine, untill 2 min mark, where is froze again. Could not move mouse, nor ctrl+alt+del. Hard Restart, now screens dont work again!
and now i have tried to hold down power and try to restart and now nothing on screens no matter how long i wait!

My normal temps are 30-45 and 60 on graphics card, I am running q6600 @2.2ghz and nVida 9800GT 1GB
Anymore info just ask! i need my pc for my studys!
Any answers given i will try to the best of my ability!

thank you

Do you see a BIOS splash screen?

If not, try plugging the monitor into a different DVI port on your graphics card, and see if that works. If that still doesn't work, try putting the card in a different PCI express slot. Just some basic diagnostics.

I see no bios screen, both screens just say idle. whole computer boots up, lights fan etc...etc but you can not hear any windows sounds, if you wanted to know. i have both screens plugged in and nether work, and i only have one pci x16 slot. Sorry

No other pc, sorry or graphics card! and no igp, tbh i dont think it is the graphics card, beacasue even with it taken out it still does the same, it should (and has done before) run off of the inbuilt graphics card.

So it has onboard graphics, but doesn't run off them?

If so, then it looks like a bad mobo. Take everything out of the case, and assembe your pc on top of a piece of cardboard, like this.

dsci0302.jpg

This is to make sure there isn't something shorting it out.

One more thing I just thought of... unplug all usb devices and try to boot. I once had a corrupted flash drive do this to me.

I will try that tomorrow, and then repost, i am too tired at the moment and there might be the chance of making it worse! :/ just tried usb apart from mouse and keyboard and no luck, i will do what you said 2moz then take it to a shop! :-( The mobo i have is pretty bad, so it needs replacing, i guess this gives me an excuse to finally do it.
Thank you

no use in blaming it all on the video card. Did you try to yank out the ram and blow out the slots and put the ram back in?

Back
Top Bottom