Computer forums

Leethras

Beta member
My computer freezes, while im doing nothing out of the ordinary. It has nothing to do with video games. I've searched the other threads relating to computer freezing but mine just doesnt relate. it freezes usually every 30 minutes but can do so any time in between. my computer is not new.

It could be the temps are too high. Do you know how to get into your BIOS? if so see if it has temp readings in there. also posts the specs of your computer please.

to get the specs of your computer if you don't know them download everest(google it). you can also find your computer temps in it but sometimes they aren't correct.

That was what I was going to suggest, the temperature. If it's running nominal temp, it could be hard drive errors, low memory resources, potential spyware-viruses, video card problems, power supply, etc. There are tons of factors here.

I don't know how to get info on my BIOS. I run windows xp, p3 701mhZ, 192 mb of ram, 7.44 gb hd, 32 mb video card.

Leethras said:
I don't know how to get info on my BIOS. I run windows xp, p3 701mhZ, 192 mb of ram, 7.44 gb hd, 32 mb video card.

Do you know how to get into your BIOS. it's usally the delete key right on restart. just look around but don't change any settings.

I would think that it was more ram and filled hdd issue than temps. Running XP on 192 megs of ram will be so slow that lock ups would be the norm.
Also if you are trying to use other software such as virus protection and or you have camera's installed and the likes ...well these programs have auto updating that run in the background and will lock up what you are trying to do until they are finished running their updates. I suggest that you add more ram and see if that doesn't stop the lock-ups.
also are you running any spyware/malware removal programs to keep your system clean. If not you need to use some with the low memory issue that will also lock you up.

i had this same problem i just reinstalled my os and it fixed itself. has this been a problem for a longtime or just started i would definately just reformat it'll speed things upp.

Back
Top Bottom