Computer Diagnostics

Depja

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,
I just put together a computer from some parts I found at a garage sale, but am having some problems. The computer is assembled but when I power it on nothing appears on the monitor :confused:. The computer makes all the normal startup noises, the fans turn on, and sounds like it's working fine.
Right now I have the monitor cable plugged into the VGA port on the mobo, but there is also a DVI-D Dual link port, could this be affecting anything or is it a different problem altogether?

Thanks in advance!:D

DO you have a video card plugged in also? If so, the computer might be automatically detecting the add-in card and directing video to it.

You could also try resetting the BIOS.

I don't have a video card in, and I'll try to reset the BIOS, thanks.

Resetting the BIOS didn't work, anything else I can try?

Sounds to me like there's some sort of other video something in it. I would try the DVI port if possible *shrug*

What about plugging in a video card and then running the monitor through that, or would that cause more problems?

Yes both power cables are plugged in. I can't find a VGA to DVI-D dual link converter so I'm unable to test it. Could the motherboard be bad?

Could be a bad monitor ? have you tested on another monitor. or even a dodgy cable. although you can get to the bios right ?

Tried on another monitor that I know works, and no it doesn't boot to BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom