computer crashes w/ games

Tweak

In Runtime
ok, my computer has never been able to run CS source, or any 3D game that requires some effort from my computer. CS 1.6 works fine....so i thought that I would get a new gfx card and see what happens....turns out that now CS 1.6 freezes now too...i replaced my 9600SE with a BFG 6600GT. i know there is something wrong ive installed drivers and eveyrthing.....a while ago, i bought a new PSU to see if that would solve the problem and it did....my games use to completely restart my computer, but then my PSU broke, so i was going to get a new one but then i noticed taht my games just freeze on the spot now and dont restart my computer like they used to...can some1 try to figure out whats wrong? |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| spex....
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
if that sounded a little confusing.....my games restarted my computer, then i got a new PSU and my games worked again, but then the PSU broke...so i was back to square one...however after that incident my games just froze and didnt restart....

Well, first off, tel us your computer specifications. If you have anythign n the 1.2 to 1.9 GHz area, upgrade your CPU. If you have a video card in the radeon 92xx to 9600xx, upgrade, or a Geforce card in the MX 4000 to the FX 5700xx, upgrade. Today's games are becoming increasingly more and more demanding. Also, if you have 256MB of RAM, upgrade. You want anywhere from 768MB to 1.5 Gigabyte.

Well.... a computer in a 1.2-1.9 ghz range, will play just about anygameI have a 1.4 ghz P4 that will play everquest on good settings, being i had prob with games on my custom bult, I thought it was the ram but turn out it was my mother board restartings the computer, very anoying so , new motherboard maybe? if it didnt work u cuold return it and did u try restoring your computer?

he has all that, ummm go into safe mode and install all the proper drivers....then try using a different psu. And maybe turn the game settings down. sometimes my old computer would restart everytime i opened a game because i tried to overclock it.

Well anything in the 1.2 to 1.9 GHz range is fading out fast, because more games are RECOMMENDING at least a 2.2 GHz processor.

Yea they recomend lots of things when they make deals with companys like intel , like on everquest u get a million advertise ments say "PLAYS BEST ON NEW P4 W/HT...." yes wich is kind of a lie lol cause , p4 with the ht sucks lol,and minimun req. are what u look at thats what it will play at without lag ....

i have a 2 ghz 3200+ also, im using a 6600GT gfx card as i said in my post....my ram spex are also there if you didnt catch my arrows pointing to it....ok i just wiped out any sign of drivers and freshly installed my nividia ones....1.6 works now and my RPG worked for about 20mins really good until my computer restarted, so i started my comp back up and then the game froze within 2 mins of gametime.....i know that a PSU would solve the restarting problem becuase it has in the past. im using a 380W =\ but what about the freezing part? im stumped....i only had the game on med settings too

ok, it could also be a hard drive thing, or memory for that matter, or graphics card. Welcome to the world of computers, there are a million things that could be causing that. Here's one thing you could try, take your computer apart, loosen some screws attaching the mobo to the tray, it could be shorting, then reconnect everything, that has solved many problems for me.

Back
Top Bottom