Computer Build Help/Feedback

kbohannon

Baseband Member
I want to do a computer build here soon and i need help determining if everything is compatible and would work well with each other and so on and so fourth. Here's the list so far.

Mobo-Asus rampage II extreme
Processor-Intel i7 extreme 965 QC
Memory-Corsair Dominator 6gb
Grahpics card-Radeon HD 4870x2
HD-Western Digital Veloci Raptor
Power-Corsair CMPSU-1000HX

will eventually over clock processor

Is this setup a good choice? Thanks for feedback.

Also, Im not sure about what enclosure to go with so any suggestions would be well apriciated. Thanks

Hi, we'd need a little more info before we can help you:

- Where are you in the world?
- What's your monitor's native resolution?
- Are you new to overclocking or experienced?
- What are you using the system for?

oh yeah , sorry
Im here in the U.S.
and yes im new to overclocking,
i would be using a 38" Vizio LCD (1080p) for my monitor most of the time
I would be using the computer for graphic design and gaming

OK, since you're new to overclocking, it's not really worth spending $1000 on the 965, since you'll only get your money's worth if you make full use of the unlocked multiplier. Just go with the 940, it'll be more than enough for you can you'll save $500.

Same story for the motherboard, that was designed for serious OC'ers. A cheaper board will be more than sufficient for all your needs and you could same some money. Gigabyte X58.

And don't go for more than DDR3 1333 for the memory, the performance benefits tail off past that speed.

You could save a little on the PSU as well, 1000W is a bit overboard for that build, especially as the HX1000 is $250. How about this?

What case are you going to use?

awesome, thanks for the feedback
i have no knowledge about cases,i was hoping i could get some help on deciding on that and would you recommend any type of cooling system?

Back
Top Bottom