Computer boots up, but won't start!

chronoserge456

Solid State Member
I can't really give any specs on my computer because my computer was custom built.

It happens sometimes, but has become a big issue recently. My computer boots up, but its as if the monitor wasn't connected and is idle. But it's not the monitor that's not working properly. I think it's my computer. Has it anything to do with the video card? Would I need to get a new one?

Thanks for helping. I'll try to figure out the specs.

ChronoSerge456 said:
I can't really give any specs on my computer because my computer was custom built.

It happens sometimes, but has become a big issue recently. My computer boots up, but its as if the monitor wasn't connected and is idle. But it's not the monitor that's not working properly. I think it's my computer. Has it anything to do with the video card? Would I need to get a new one?

Thanks for helping. I'll try to figure out the specs.

Ok.. if it is custom built, name the parts off. What video card is it using, what motherboard, what processor, what RAM, and how large is the powersupply?

I am currently running on:

Intel Pentium 4
3.2 ghz
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card
512 RAM
DDR400

I don't know the motherboard or the power supply.

I also had gotten a Windows error. It said "The display driver for NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 seems to be the problem for Windows instability, so I'm guessing its the video card.

Would I need to buy another video card?

ChronoSerge456 said:
I am currently running on:

Intel Pentium 4
3.2 ghz
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card
512 RAM
DDR400

I don't know the motherboard or the power supply.

I also had gotten a Windows error. It said "The display driver for NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 seems to be the problem for Windows instability, so I'm guessing its the video card.

Would I need to buy another video card?

Don't be so hasty bro. Look, please, look inside your case and get your powersuppy size (aka in WATTS).

Then, download EVEREST and tell me what it says your motherboard is:
DOWNLOAD HERE- http://www.lavalys.hu/products/download.php?pid=1&dlid=1&lang=en

IS there any video output during post and boot? Is the video card firmly in the slot? Are the cables all tightly connected? Are there any beeps during boot? IF so, do you still have the manual for the mb? Were there any problems prior to this? If so what? Do you remember what the error said exactly about the driver?

I'm not too sure about the card firmly in the slot (don't want to mess anything up because I'm paranoid with that stuff). There are beeps SOMETIMES when it boots and when it beeps is usually when it boots. The only problem I've experienced before this was that whenever I wanted to shut down Windows, an End Task message came up about ending task to NVIDIA TwinsWindow or something (I can't recall.)

Back
Top Bottom