Computer beeping, dear God make it stop!

Success!....well, sort of. I yanked the 2 RAM sticks and replaced them with the previously installed pair from 2010 and it worked. Computer booted up, beeping gone, However there's no video, no picture. Back around 2010 I also had an Nvideo card installed for dual monitors. The tech simply taped over the old VGA connector and told me to never use it again as it wouldn't work anyway. Well, as a last resort I plugged in and BING! the monitor come's to life. Sound card is working, I'm getting 5.1 sound and if I use my Toshiba Dyna Dock I should be able to do dual monitors. So, I'm assuming the video card is bad? If so, what would you recommend? I would like to run triple monitors now.

Casn you give us a better picture here. Is there any grouping to the beeps like 3 long and 2 short or just a steady beep with no particular grouping but normally there is grouping of some kind.
Forget the eraser Gary sounds hokey. A soft rag with isopropyl alcohol gently rubbing is always the best for the ram sticks and can of air or compressor for the slots.

Casn you give us a better picture here. Is there any grouping to the beeps like 3 long and 2 short or just a steady beep with no particular grouping but normally there is grouping of some kind.
Forget the eraser Gary sounds hokey. A soft rag with isopropyl alcohol gently rubbing is always the best for the ram sticks and can of air or compressor for the slots.
Hi Rich! Ok I'll forget the eraser. I think the OP solved his problem and is asking about a video card.;)I think he used the on board card and it worked. Now asking about which card would you recommend!!

Last edited:
At this point Gary no one is asking for a card and no one has determined even if the card they are using is bad either though slot or card sort of has to be. I would like to know make and model of card they used that didn't work first. Personally I have always used and recommended Creative cards but lately am using Asus Xonar cards just to be different and save a few $.

Hi Rich! I don't know where you're looking !! This is a quote from the OP!!
I use my Toshiba Dyna Dock I should be able to do dual monitors. So, I'm assuming the video card is bad? If so, what would you recommend? I would like to run triple monitors now.

I didn't see that OK.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Almost any pci-e card will work though I would bet an older card would make more sense. Somethng like an Nvidia 8600 or ATi 3600 if you can find a new one.

Back
Top Bottom