Compatibility?

xbrandnewxsnowx

Beta member
So just to start off, I'm kind of new with computer building. I've been researching building a new computer for a few months now and am finally going to put out the money (I'm on a pretty tight budget).

If you could please verify the compatibility of these items I would be very grateful. Also, I plan to overclock the computer slightly (250-500mhz), will this setup be cool enough?
Do I need more power?

RAIDMAX RX-9 Case (Budget)
BUFFALO Firestix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm CPU Cooler
Radeon 9550 256mb
Average Joe 500w Power Supply
160 gb Seagate Harddrive

Once again, thanks!!

Yeah, its the $92 dollar Radeon. Sorry for not specifying.

I'm definitely looking to upgrade when I get the money. I already own the graphics card though.

xbrandnewxsnowx said:
Yeah, its the $92 dollar Radeon. Sorry for not specifying.

I'm definitely looking to upgrade when I get the money. I already own the graphics card though.

Well if you can afford that X1950 then get that, the difference between the X1950 and 9550 is like night and day. :)

Yeah 500W should be sufficient. I have a 450W right now and I'm running perfectly fine. :)

I didn't mean to be rude. Its just that the board has an Intel 945 Chipset, which is not nearly as good as a 975 or a 680i, and it was originally built for Pentium series.

honestly i'd have to agree with alex. The board that Jenox suggested is good, but current technology is pushing it to its limits. The original board was nice, and if you happen to scavange up the money, i'd say take the evga board. I have it, i love it, and its rock solid.

If you don't mind me making a comment tho, your original build seemed a little expensive to a budget. How much of a budget are we talking about here? If its kind of small, the board Jenox gave will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom