compaq presario 5000 video card help

flamedd

Beta member
i have an old compaq presario 5000. it only had an 8mg video card built in so i bought am ATI Radion 9250 video card. i have done everything that ati has told me to do but it dosnt show any picture. does anyone know if there is somthing that you have to do or instal for my computer.(i knowits not the card because i have it installed on another computer at the time

Someone please help

Thanks, derick

hi,

first of all we have to establish weather its a driver/software problem or hardware ?

if the hardware is absolutely fine then you may need to go into bios and chnage your default display to PCI and reboot computer and if you get a bios splash screen coming through to your monitor the hardware is fine,

if you do not get anything through to monitor then check your monitor check your cables try another PCI slot

if you do get a bios flash screen boot into safe mode download latest drivers and you should be good to go ;)

I have a Compaq 5000 series PC. They are not one of the better systems by Compaq and I was having a similar problem. I had an AGP card in it and it was kinda weird looking on the picture, so I replaced it with a PCI card, except the video wouldn't show up after several restarts. I tried a different PCI slot and eventually got it to work.

You should also disable the integrated video in the Device Manager in Windows. I went from integrated to the raedon 9250 on a different PC and I couldn't figure out why the picture wouldn't show until I disabled the integrated in Device Manager.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will work...

Back
Top Bottom