Comment on my gui

Prodigy93

Baseband Member
Hey guys, im fairly new to the whole, graphic and web design thing, but my friend and i came up with an idea to make a sort of chat program and i cooked up this, i believe the proper word is gui? im not sure, but i made this design late tonight could you guys tell me what you think, where to improve, which areas are sweet, any suggestions?

i also added inner shadows to the three main white areas, so see how that looks, i can also add inner shadows to the bar that highlights the text, but im afraid if i do that it would be to hard to duplicate it when i recreate the program from photoshop to the coding language(most likely in c#)

also if anyone has any coding experience, which language would be best for creating a chat program like this?

concept3.png
or
concept2.png
or
concept1.png

Can you guys also help me out with the general flow, like what else is needed for a chat program, which areas can be left out.

The profile area, is linked to a forum profile on a website, so thats what that is. also don't mind the double join room button or that the numbers don't add up or any of that, they're just place holders

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Out of curiousity ... what is the overall goal of creating your own chat program? What is unique about what you're trying to create that prevents you from using chat programs that already exist? Why are you pursuing this? For fun ... or to learn ... or? I am genuinely interested. :)

BTW ... I like the looks of the 1st screenshot with the shading.

hopefully my team and i get lucky and this becomes popular, but probably not we are just doing this to learn

Well good luck and good learning! :) I suppose if you can figure out how to make your chat program unique compared to others ... unique in a way that changes the world of chat rooms, you'll be successful! That's the name of the game.

Back
Top Bottom