Choosing parts for my first build on Aussie sites because NewEgg won't ship here!

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
Original Post

Hey guys I've had a couple threads here in the past 2 weeks related to building my first PC and they were extremely helpful and I'm feeling alot more confident but my problem now is I am Australian and NewEgg.com doesn't ship internationally. I'll try to keep this as organized as possible and I'm trying to find the exact components listed on NewEgg (most mentioned here) on Australian websites so I'll list out everything I've chosen so far and whether I've found it or not.

Update

I've changed my motherboard and processor because I can now afford Intel instead of AMD and I've almost found everything on either TigerDirect or I-Tech but I'm still looking for a suitable optical drive because my searches don't seem to match anything.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo Processor - 2.66GHz, 4MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Dual-Core, OEM, Socket 775

Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower

Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA, Socket 775, ATX

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Optical Drive: Pioneer Black SATA CD/DVD-ROM CD/DVD Burner
Status: Found for $57 AUS but this may not be what I think it is!

Video Card: EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory

Power Supply: Power Up 600-Watt ATX Dual 80mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI Ready Blue.

Also the optical disk I chose here may have been confused with something else here. It'd be appreciated if someone checked and confirmed they're the same because I'm pretty confused.

Thankyou,

Chris

Good question haha I think what I did was started looking at AMD's because my budget was like $60 AUS ($52 US) for a processor but now it's about $200 AUS ($176 US). So yeah the Intel CPU's look really good man and also thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, TigerDirect has so much information, this is great. I will now be lookin for all my parts at this site, updating the first post a fair bit so give me an hour or so.

So with my CPU budget, is there any specific Intel CPU on this site you'd recommend? I picked out

'Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz, 4MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB Processor' here and an

EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI (TR Version) - NVIDIA, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, SLI Ready, PCI Express, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0 & Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID Motherboard here

Seeing that's the same brand as my video card but like I said:

This is my first build and I don't really have any experience choosing parts apart from what I've learned here and from reading other guides. Anything you'd change? let me know if you have other suggestions.

That CPU and motherboard you picked out are all pretty good. Can't go wrong with that setup. Beautiful. What will make it even more precious is adding a quad core CPU to that sucker. The Q6600!!!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775 Processor Retail BX80562Q6600 SLACR
http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938452

A1938452_1.jpg

A1938452_5.jpg

A1938452_4.jpg

Boooyaaahhh!!!!

Mate, use StaticIce.

There are plenty of retailers here in Australia, there's no need to shop overseas and pay the extra freight costs plus possible import duties.

Mate, use StaticIce.

There are plenty of retailers here in Australia, there's no need to shop overseas and pay the extra freight costs plus possible import duties.

well it seemed a bit confusing but when I found my CPU for example, the price still wasn't better, I'd probably rather combine shipping with other websites.

This site looks good for PC parts in Australia.

http://www.pcmarket.com.au/

...almost like Newegg and CLubIT, but not.

Yeah that was the first website I found until I-Tech and basically beat their price on everything. I'm mostly buying from TigerDirect but there's a few things I couldn't find which I'll buy from I-Tech.

What should I be looking for in a power supply? Apart from 500W and ATX??

Edit: I'm currently doing research on all the parts but I'll post again when I need help, thanks.

Hey I originally chose the CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 RAM because the 12.8GB/s worth of memory bandwidth was exactly what the Athlon 64 CPU needed but now that I've changed to the Intel Core 2 Duo series I wanted to ask if I should still use Corsair or something like A-DATA here. I'm using the information provided on this page and my 680i series motherboard doesn't seem to support my original Corsair choice, only about a dozen more haha confusing.

I've heard alot about G.SKILL and I checked EVGA's website which supports the following:

G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBNR

G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK

G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

On the other hand, Corsair has a wider selection but they're a bit too expensive, I did 1 find though:

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400

What would work best for me do you think?

Something I've noticed is when looking for a 500-600watt power supply they're all listed as 230 volts where in Australia all our power points are 240 volts, is this an issue? I'm pretty sure we use the same power cable if it's universal but I'm concerned about this. Here's the standard we use:

CableAustralianNewZealand3pintoIEC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom