Check out my overclock!!!

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Running at 42'C idle at the mo! Trying to cool it down :D

screen3.jpg

I see you increased the voltage, FSB, and multiplier. Most people settle on a nice 3.2 GHz overclock on average. 3.6 is really high and it's good to see it can go that much, but realistically for the long run, I wouldn't run it that high consistently unless if it's water cooled or a stronger aftermarket cooling device.

He didn't change the multiplier. Its at 9 anyway.
You can lower the multiplier, just not make it any higher.

Very nice clock :)

42 idle isn't bad for an overclock like that. At load, with that clock I get around 65 degrees C on the cores with a very high stress test, which I guess isn't that bad.

Well done :)

i really thing they should unlock those things, they would make so much more money, maybe lock lower models so people can OC them up so easily and they loose money.

Thats what they do do.

The Extreme models are unlocked, which cost triple or even quadrouple the money.

EDIT:

I still can't overclock my brothers Asus Striker Extreme. It may be the BIOS, but setting to manual overclock doesn't allow me to change the FSB. Only the Multiplier.
I don't want to resort to using the automatic Asus ones in the BIOS... they only offer 5%, 10% overclocks, etc.

Hes being a ******* though, as he hasn't thanked me yet for choosing parts, building it, setting it up. All I've heard from him has been moaning.

Back
Top Bottom