changing ip address and keeping web

ok trying to set up web for my pda.

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

i got a router, got to change my ip address. i change it and the web goes away, i go to netowork connections right click and repiar, it changes my ip address back to 192.168.0.1 and....that wont work, how can i change it, but keep it and have the web work (when i say have the web work, i mean have it work on my computer.)

ARGH really srry guys, so srry, man i feel dumb. but it changed...idk...i just opened IE, wento to 192.168.0.1, didnt work, checked my netowrk connectoins...my new ip address is 111.111.1.1 sweet!

mods plez close or delte if you can/

ok here it goes

1. are you supposed to change the address of the router or the address of your computer? I would guess you want to change your computers ip, like you said, but the article makes it unclear.

here is my advice for changing your ip address, AFAIK it should work

1.set up everything normally (your ip address the way it usually is), rightclick on your network connection and go the the status, click on the support tab then click on details. write down your ip, subnet mask, default gateway, and dns servers, if applicable.

2. right click on your connection again, go to properties, scroll down to internet protocol (tcp/ip), click on properties

3. click on use the following ip address and under those boxes click on use the following dns. enter your dns (if applicable) gateway, and subnet mask from step one.

4. now for your ip address. if your ip is 192.168.1.1 then change it to something like 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 (nothing higher than .255 for the final digits) if your ip address is 192.168.0.1 then change it to 192.168.0.2 or 192.168.0.3 and so on adn so forth(you get the idea)

hopefully this should work

Back
Top Bottom