CDROM troubles

joe02151

Baseband Member
After installing a new motherboard and case in my system it seems that my 2 cd drives don't want to work properly. Heres what happens. I try to re-install a game and i put it in the top cd drive but when I got into my computer, there is only ONE cd drive listed even though I have 2. so I put the same cd in the bottom cd drive and it will recognize it BUT when auto run pops up it just shows the content of the cd and doesnt execute the files on the cd. like when I put in DOOM3 the cd opens and it shows me all the files. And when I try to click on the setup icon in the folder it says "windows installer version isnt good ...blah blah or something" Now when I put in a cd in the drive that works and I press eject under properties, it will eject fine. BUt when I have 2 cds in BOTH of the drives and press the eject button BOTH of the cd drives eject.... When I installed my new motherboard I did not have to reformat my HD or anything it just started up. I have win xp

thanks

joe02151 said:
When I installed my new motherboard I did not have to reformat my HD or anything it just started up. I have win xp

There is your problem right there. You need to unistall and reinstall new drives. Best case senario would be to reinstall the OS but is not nessacary.

First

Before you proceeded to "do things" you should have established that
My Computer had recognized all your drives and had an icon for them,
C,D,E,F
Then they all could read your disks.
So do you see all of them listed at bootup ?
Watch closely.
:D

joe02151 said:
no only 1 at boot up
If you mean right as you turn yor pc on and get a bios report ?
Then something isn't connected right.Are all your drives listed in Device Manager ? sysdm.exe. ?
Lets read them first then use them.turn of auto.
This is for later,but i don't think you should use autorun on a regular basis only for "splash screen installs" In the early going.
Even that has a bettter way.
;)

Back
Top Bottom