cdrom troubles

otaku_2004

Beta member
I am running a windows xp home machine with a 3.4 ghz chip, a dvd rom, dvd rw, 1gig of ram. When ever i put in a disk in to either drive my computer does not recognize it, no matter what kind of disk. However if i leave the disk in and restart the cpu everything works ok for that disk, but if i take it out or replace the disk, my computer doesnt show a disk in the drive nor will it auto play or execute any thing from the disk, i would like to know how to fix my drive problem so that my cpu will read the disk with out having to restart.

BEST JD TCR said:
its not a hardware problem, maybe the driver.
Ok and i'm tired of saying it.It is not a driver problem.Windows has all you need for this.Did your dvd etc come with a driver disk ? Of course not this isn't 1995. is it.
I have another ripped apart post on this so please search for it.
It's just the way it seems to work.I know how you feel.
:eek:
This is not maybe,but you decide about maybe.Hee Hee.or me.

i hate to say, but nothing there helped me. I have since figured out that i can still use my disks, but in my computer it wont say that "such and such" a disk is in the drive.

otaku_2004 said:
i hate to say, but nothing there helped me. I have since figured out that i can still use my disks, but in my computer it wont say that "such and such" a disk is in the drive.
Of course not yours is the first serious reply.
CD-RW-Roms and DVD-Roms don't seem to read disks that well.
But the test is to see if you can burn a cd-r then you know it works.
2nd is to set the drive to auto and play a movie dvd.Audio dvd is another subject.
At this point you know these drives ar working propery as Device Manager should state.
But thats why i posted this.These devices give you a hard time reading other disks and games that use them,Best i've come up with is spinning the disk or restarting till Explore could read it.
If this is happening with a regular cdrom drive than get a new one,their very cheap.

:D

To be honest, Bluto is right :D

CD Rom troubles usually mean it's screwed because drivers are installed automatically, etc.

Buy a dvd drive for like $10 or a fiver off ebay, lol.

Back
Top Bottom